Monday, April 6, 2009

Ask a stupid question, get the obvious answer

Luckily for us, Samantha is a great kid and doesn't get into trouble that often. It has been about 6 months since we have used the timeout corner; when I go get her from timeout I ask her why she is in timeout, to make sure she understands why she was there, then I tell her I love her, give her a hug, and we are onto the next thing.

So tonight she is up late, we are trying to get her to brush her teeth and she proceeds to tell me "No!" multiple times & loudly so I say, alright, time for a time out. After about 1 minute of dramatic crying I go over the the corner and ask "Sam, why are you in timeout?" to which she replied "Because you put me there." And there you have it.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Now you have to ask "Why did mommy put you in time out?" Sound like Sam is getting too smart too fast.

Russ and Em said...

That is too funny! She is such a cute kid

Tammy said...

That is awesome. I love the next two posts as well. I can't beleive how big Samantha is. We NEED to get together....as soon as I can walk again!